6.04.2012

something new.

I have a few songs that are my "go to" songs when I need to refocus, get out of a bad mood, or get good perspective. One of my favorites is Too Proud from Enter the Worship Circle. I googled and lyrics earlier today and realized I had been singing one line wrong (and it's the line I used to title this blog ...). I thought about renaming the blog, but I'm keeping what I've got. It says something that even in naming a new blog, I don't get it right. I can be certain about something (in this case, song lyrics), only to find out I was completely off. And in that, I'm still learning and changing. That's good news to me today. 


I'm too proud to ask
Too broke to eat
Too weak to bow
Too strong to bleed


Can you sing over me words to comfort? 
Can you satisfy me, sweet honey? 
Can you break through me, strong hands? 
Can you undo me enough to heal me? 


You take the weight from my shoulders
My hands were clenched, now they're open
I'll take your goodness poured from the sky
Food from the ravens, water from the dry well 

No comments:

Post a Comment