We've had a before-the-baby-comes to do list made for some time. We are slowly pecking away at it, but I am starting to feel the nesting and "this must get done" urge a bit more. There were a lot of things we didn't get for E (baby swing, bouncer, to name a couple) that I am thinking I may want/need this time around. We are paring down what's in our house and what's on the "to buy" list as well. I know there is still time, but I also know once spring really hits, we will want to be outside and doing more fun things than putting together a crib or buying a new car seat for E. I am determined to move through this list and hopefully have some days (or weeks!) to just enjoy being a family of three before this boy joins us.
The feelings are so similar this time around -- I remember distinctly thinking I wasn't sure I wanted to change things with just Kevin and I when I was pregnant with E. I loved it just being us - we'd entered an easy, peaceful season and we were happy. I feel the same way this time, but it's three of us instead of 2. I love my little family and this sweet season we are sitting in. I know as soon as this boy joins us it'll feel like he was always here, but I am still walking through the emotions of realizing it'll never again be just me and my girl. She made me a mama. And I know her, oh so well. It's easy (ok, as easy as raising a toddler ever is) right now and our days are pretty predictable. But in a few months, all that will change. It will change for the better, but change all the same.
Side note: At yoga last week (when I was 26 weeks along, mind you) someone mentioned they were surprised I was still doing yoga and that I hadn't had my baby yet. I almost laughed --my belly gets much larger than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment