10.30.2013

growing in wisdom.

I've been reading through Proverbs lately, aiming to read one or two chapters each morning and journaling as I read, noting what sticks out and what I want to sit on and think on a bit more. 

The idea that is really sitting deeply for me this time reading this book is wisdom. What does wise living look like? How do I cultivate it? What areas of my life am I doing unwise things? In Proverbs 2 it talks about "tuning your ears to wisdom" -- I am desiring in this season to tune my life, as you would tune an instrument, to wisdom. I am looking at items that go in -- tv, blogs I read, books, magazines, conversations, thoughts I sit on -- and trying to take out all that doesn't add to wisdom in my life. I don't think anything frivolous is bad or should be avoided, but I also noticed I'd let things in that are taking away from my focus. 

"If you live a life of wisdom, you won't limp or stumble when you run" Proverbs 12.4

As a wise person is described in Proverbs, -- glad to be instructed, gives good advice, their words lead to life, their life is filled with joy, one with understanding -- it has struck me that those words describe who I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment